August 5, 2008

Holy Crap that was close

Well, earlier today I tried setting my CSS back up to stock sounds. With that not finished, and while I was waiting for it to redownload for the 3rd time, I decided to look around on the Internet. This leads to bad things, because I have a tendency to get wrapped up in modding. As it came to be, I tried to install the new UXtheme patcher and had XP crash on me. Hard. I almost gave up and reinstalled. Almost. But I figured that I might as well try a few roll backs and hey, I'm back. My antivirus was fucked and I've lost 2 programs, but not anything I haven't or can't fix. Turns out that I had a hidden virus in a .rar, unopened and not in service but I think that was the cause of the giant shitstorm that lasted me 3 hours. Now I'm going to try again, once I have a virus scan done. My plan is to make XP seem so un-XP like that the average person would go "Dude, get Windows". Problem is, I have a ton of crap. By that I mean that I have almost 310 gigs of stuff on 3 HDD's. 2 of which are almost full. But, I will soldier on and hopefully I'll have some pics for later. Maybe my CSS will be fully functional again too...

No comments: