August 6, 2008

The Wonders of Early Morning TV

In all of the blankness of this mornings TV, I decided to look through the satellite channels that I never watch because there's always something better on. Not the case right now, so I put on CNN. As soon as I started listening I laughed. And laughed. Sure, I know CNN is supposed to be serious but I always think of them as a bunch or grown ups playing with plastic toddler toys. Why? By the time CNN has something reported everyone has beaten them to the punch. I know I'll get a lot of flack for that, but hell that's what I think of CNN.

Mainly because of what they try to represent: Mid West white America. You know who those people are? Rednecks and farmers. In that mix is also the parents that don't let their kids outside due to the threat of whatever CNN is reporting. So then starts the fattening of the little butterballs. Then more people get angry, and CNN just keeps on reporting the news. But no one really does anything, and I just change the channel or get my news from a different source, some of which are BBC, CBC, canoe.ca, and for my normal electronic knowledge Engadget, Joystiq, RockPaperShotgun and sometimes bit-tech if I have the time. There's also finding out from forums that I frequent quite a bit... and I'm not even going to try to list all of those.

But thats just me, and my whole fucked up perspective on the world. Holy crap, I just lost some more brain cells trying to wrap my head around the crap that CNN has on now... but yet there still isn't anything on besides old cartoons, and those are starting to become very, very tempting in my mind.

No comments: