August 7, 2008

Oh Wow

I have finally found what I wanted: it was Kingdom Hearts 2 for the PS2. I forgot how involving the storyline is, and because I have my old file it's even more fun. No grinding for the amazing attacks or weapons that I already have, and I can still advance the story because of the journal and I do remember bits of what happened. But my god, I found a keyblade that is just amazing. The Guardian Soul (I had to use a KH wiki to find the name), and I just love it. All of the gameplay just blows my mind, even though the graphics aren't HD or special, it makes the game much easier to play for long periods of time.

The graphics are just perfect IMO, and as you see with newer games on newer systems they run into frame rate problems... often. There's only the slightest amount of a frame rate drop if you go into a giant battle and start with Master form against a huge amount of enemies. The best thing about this game, is the fact that you can customize everything to your liking. I know, people will just tell me it's an RPG and that's the basis of most RPG's, but the fact is the stats are pre-arranged and you can still conform the abilites to your play style. I don't use magic because I honestly love having my thumbs hurt.

No comments: